Kootenay Rockies Gran Fondo
2013 Ride Highlights Video
Cranbrook Sunrise Rotary Club
Rotary International is an organization of business and professional men and women united worldwide to conduct humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
Cranbrook Sunrise Rotary is an active club dedicated to the Rotary ideal of Service Above Self. In pursuit of this ideal, the club has taken on the following:
- International export of books and medical supplies
- With other community partners, the construction of Van Horne Park
- The fundraising and construction of the Field house at Moir Park
- Support for youth through scholarships, and through participation in International Youth Exchange and the Rotary Youth Leadership Award program
- Partnership with Friends of the Library in an annual book sale
- Restoration of the Alco diesel engines beside the Elko station in downtown Cranbrook
- In 2013 introducing the first annual Kootenay Rockies Gran Fondo
For more information click on the Cranbrook Sunrise Rotary link below:
WHAT OUR RIDERS SAY:
Thank you for your quality organization and attention to the priorities to give this inaugural GF a good start.
John Mandryk (Chairman, North Star Rails To Trails Society)
"What a great event.The ride was spectacular and the volunteers......well just amazing,completely amazing. Best in the business." Chris
I just want to say thank you for organizing such a great event! It was awesome, lots of people, great course and overall a great ride! Thank you for all your hard work, cant wait tell next years!
Jordan Vandermolen – Age 16 Cranbrook
"It was CRAZY GOOD!! rotary, volunteers, sponsors and fellow riders ROCKED!!" Diane
"WOW! Your organization and volunteers did an outstanding job. Looking forward to the future." Bob